WHAT ARE YOUR OPERATING HOURS?
- Vintage Talking Tram Tours operate between 10:00am – 4:00pm every day except Christmas Day. Vintage Talking Trams may operate more frequently during school and public holidays, please check out the timetables here.
- The Anzac Centenary Tram departs from Central Deborah Gold Mine at 10:00am each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- The Dja Dja Wurrung Tram departs from Central Deborah Gold Mine at 10:00am each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Our Gift Shop is open from 10:00am – 2:30pm every day except Christmas Day.
DO I NEED TO MAKE A RESERVATION?
No, reservations are not essential. We do recommend booking for groups of 10 or more people by phoning 5443 8255.
WHERE SHOULD I CATCH THE TRAM FROM?
The Vintage Talking Tram Tour starts at Central Deborah Gold Mine but you can hop on a tram at any of the six tram stops. These are located at Central Deborah Gold Mine, Alexandra Fountain, Bendigo Tramways Depot, Lake Weeroona, Tyson's Reef and the Bendigo Joss House Temple. Check out the Vintage Talking Tram Tour route and stops here.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT COMMENTARIES ARE THERE?
- Dja Dja Wurrung: Discover the traditions of Bendigo's first people and hear a story more than 40,000 years in the making.
- Anzac Centenary: The Anzac Centenary Tram explores the impact of WW1 on the Bendigo community.
- Bendigo's Story: This commentary takes visitors on a journey through Bendigo's development, starting in 1848.
HOW LONG SHOULD I ALLOW FOR A VINTAGE TALKING TRAM TOUR?
The Vintage Talking Tram Tour takes 1 hour to complete if you stay on board and don't hop off at any of the stops.
HOW LONG IS MY TICKET VALID FOR?
You can purchase a one day or a two day Vintage Talking Tram ticket. Hop-on and hop-off as often as you like to explore the many attractions, parks, shopping and dining facilities that Bendigo has to offer. We highly recommend including Central Deborah Gold Mine and the Bendigo Joss House Temple in your Talking Tram itinerary.
ARE YOUR TRAMS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE?
We only have 2 trams which are wheelchair accessible. We recommend phoning in advance so we can ensure that the right tram is on the tracks for your visit. Ramp access for boarding the tram is available at Central Deborah Gold Mine and the Tramways Depot.
DO YOU HAVE TRANSLATIONS AVAILABLE?
We have printed sheets available in French, German and Mandarin for the Bendigo's Story Commentary.
DO YOU OFFER TOURS OF THE DEPOT & WORKSHOP?
Your Vintage Talking Tram ticket includes a self-guided tour of our Depot & Workshop. Guided tours can be arranged for groups of 10 or more people by phoning 5443 8255.
ARE CAMERAS ALLOWED ON THE TOUR?
Yes, of course. Make sure you tag us in your photos on social media @bendigotramways, we love to see them!
ARE DOGS ALLOWED ON THE TRAMS?
Yes, as long as they are on a leash at all times.
WHAT OTHER TRAM EXPERIENCES DO YOU OFFER?
- The Blues Tram is run by the Bendigo Blues and Roots Festival once a month and has proven to be a hit, combining our heritage trams with sublime music talent!
- Each Winter Tram No. 302 is transformed into the Yarn Bombed Tram by a group of needling ninjas.
- Santa Tram has been putting smiles on the faces of children and adults alike since 1960. Santa Tram runs during the 2 weeks leading up to Christmas.
- The Drinks Tram provides a unique opportunity to kick back and relax on a heritage tram with a drink in hand. Operates during warmer months.
IS THERE PARKING AVAILABLE FOR BUSES AND CAMPERVANS?
Yes, long parking bays are available along Creek Street at Central Deborah Gold Mine.
CAN THE TRAMS BE HIRED FOR PRIVATE FUNCTIONS?
Absolutely, we've hosted business events, hens nights and birthday parties. Full details are on our Functions page or speak to our Booking Coordinator on 5443 8255.