There is no better way to see the sights of Bendigo than aboard a beautifully refurbished Vintage Talking Tram.
You will be delighted by the remarkable sights and sounds of Bendigo as your tram tells you entertaining stories about the city founded on one of the world's richest goldfields while passing monuments like the impressive Alexandra Fountain, the majestic Sacred Heart Cathedral and the stately promenade Pall Mall.
This hop-on, hop-off tour stops throughout the city allowing you to explore many of the parks, attractions, shopping and dining facilities that Bendigo has to offer.
Vintage Talking Tram Tour Timetables:
Timetables are on display at each of the tram stops and you will be provided with a timetable when purchasing your tram ticket. Click on the service links below to download the appropriate timetable.
- Daily Timetable
- Labour Day Long Weekend: Sat 10- Mon 12 March
- Easter Weekend: Friday 30 March - Monday 2 April. Throughout the Easter Long Weekend we will be offering a Four Day Vintage Talking Tram Ticket and a Shuttle Service to and from the Easter Sunday Gala Parade. Find out about our Easter Weekend specials here.
- Adult: $17.50
- Concession: $16.00
- Child (5-15 years): $11.00
- Family (2 Adults and up to 4 children): $51.00
- Children under 5 years of age are free of charge
- Central Deborah Gold Mine: 76 Violet Street
- Charing Cross: Alexandra Fountain on Pall Mall (City/CBD)
- Bendigo Tramways Depot: 1 Tramways Avenue
- Lake Weeroona: Nolan Street
- Tyson’s Reef Hotel: Weeroona Avenue
- Bendigo Joss House Temple (North Bendigo): 3 Finn Street
A true Bendigo highlight is the range of quality experience and dining options available. We've compiled a list of attractions and eateries that are easily accessible by Vintage Talking Tram, check it out here.
Come and meet Birney the Cat:
The tramways is home to a beautiful rescue cat who now calls our Depot home. Birney has enthusiastically taken on the role of Tramways Superintendent. When he isn't busy napping, you will find him keeping an eye on our fleet of historic trams, greeting visitors to the depot and, of course, posing for photographs. Birney even has his own book, which is available for purchase at our gift shop.