There is no better way to see the sights of Bendigo than aboard a beautifully refurbished Vintage Talking Tram. Sit back and relax as you hear stories about Bendigo's colourful gold rush past. Your tram ticket is valid for two consecutive days and also includes the popular Anzac Centenary Tram.
Vintage Talking Tram Tour Timetables:
Timetables are on display at each of the tram stops and you will be provided with a timetable when purchasing your tram ticket. Click on the service links below to download the appropriate timetable.
- Daily Timetable
- Sat 25 - Mon 27 November 2017: Vintage Talking Tram Tours will NOT be operating. Our Gift Shop will be open and we will be offering gold coin donation guided Depot Tours. Click here for full details.
- Adult: $17.50
- Concession: $16.00
- Child (5-15 years): $11.00
- Family (2 Adults and up to 4 children): $51.00
- Children under 5 years of age are free of charge
- Central Deborah Gold Mine: 76 Violet Street
- Charing Cross: Alexandra Fountain on Pall Mall (City/CBD)
- Bendigo Tramways Depot: 1 Tramways Avenue
- Lake Weeroona: Nolan Street
- Tyson’s Reef Hotel: Weeroona Avenue
- Bendigo Joss House Temple (North Bendigo): 3 Finn Street
As soon as you step aboard one of our iconic Vintage Talking Trams you become immersed in the artistry of the vehicle. The carefully crafted seats, stain glassed features and intricate details are all indicative of the skilled craftsman who have meticulously built and restored each tram by hand.
You will be delighted by the remarkable sights and sounds of Bendigo as your tram tells you entertaining stories about the city founded on one of the world’s richest goldfields while passing monuments like the impressive Alexandra Fountain, the majestic Sacred Heart Cathedral and the stately promenade Pall Mall.
This hop-on, hop-off tour stops throughout the city allowing you to explore many of the parks, attractions, shopping and dining facilities that Bendigo has to offer.
The tour commences at Central Deborah Gold Mine but you can join or depart the Vintage Talking Tram Tour at any one of the designated tram stops.
Your Vintage Talking Tram Tour Ticket is valid for two consecutive days, so you can hop-on and hop-off the tram as often as you like within those two days.
Come and meet Birney the Cat:
The tramways is home to a beautiful rescue cat who now calls our Depot home. Birney has enthusiastically taken on the role of Tramways Superintendent. When he isn't busy napping, you will find him keeping an eye on our fleet of historic trams, greeting visitors to the depot and, of course, posing for photographs. Birney even has his own book, which is available for purchase at our gift shop.