To celebrate 125 years of trams in Bendigo, and to thank the Bendigo community for their ongoing support, we will be running a host of family fun activities. Come on down and be part of the fun!
- FREE Vintage Talking Tram Tours: 10am – 4:40pm
- Gold Coin Depot & Workshop Tours: 10am – 4pm
- Official Proceedings and Tram No. 7's 100th Birthday (includes birthday cake): 2pm
- Catch a FREE tram to the Bendigo Street Festival: 10am – 9:20pm
- Gold Coin entry into the Bendigo Joss House Temple: 11am – 3:30pm
- Catch a FREE tram to Christmas at Central Deborah Gold Mine: 7pm – 9pm
Date: Saturday 5 December 2015
Time: 10am - 9:20pm
Timetable: Click here to open
Cost: All trams will be FREE. Gold Coin Depot & Workshop Tours.
Parking: Park for FREE at Central Deborah Gold Mine, Lake Weeroona and the Tyson's Reef Precinct (Bridge Street) from 10.00 am to 9.40pm and Bendigo Tramways Depot & Workshop and the Bendigo Joss House Temple from 10.00 am to 4.40pm.
Celebrating 100 years - Tram No. 7
This J class tram was built in 1915 by the Meadowbank Manufacturing Company in Sydney New South Wales for the Prahran and Malvern Tramways Trust as Tram No. 76.
It was sold to the Electric Supply Company of Victoria in the 1930s for operation at Ballarat Tramways as Tram No. 19.
Whilst in Ballarat Tram No. 19 was converted into one-man configuration.
In 1960 Tram No. 19 was transferred to Bendigo where it operated as Tram No. 7.
This tram is currently undergoing restoration into the livery first applied when it arrived in Bendigo in 1960.
Place: Bendigo Tramways Depot & Workshop. 1 Tramways Avenue, Bendigo VIC 3550.
Cost: FREE - Come and enjoy birthday cake!
Pictured: Tram No.7 and No.21 at Charing Cross 08-12-70