Terms & Conditions
Bendigo Heritage Attractions is responsible for managing and operating Central Deborah Gold Mine, Bendigo Tramways and the Bendigo Joss House Temple.
Conditions of entry:
- Children aged 15 years and under must be supervised by an accompanying adult of 18 years or over.
- Proof of age and concession identification may be required to received discounted tickets
- Bendigo Heritage Attractions will endeavour to ensure that our tour offerings are open to visitors during our advertised opening hours. However, our hours of operation are subject to change without notice due to weather or operational requirements. We reserve the right to suspend, close an attraction or cancel tram tours in such circumstances. In the event of such suspension or closure, we shall reschedule tour offerings to an alternative time and/or date. Under no circumstances do we accept any liability for any unavailability, cancellation or closure of an attraction or tram tour.
- Visitors should be cautious of potential hazards at each of Bendigo Heritage Attractions’ sites. These include, but are not limited to, moving trams, uneven gravelled surfaces, varying light levels and operational machinery such as mining equipment.
- For your safety, everyone descending underground at Central Deborah Gold Mine is required to wear a hard hat in line with government regulations.
- Bendigo Heritage Attractions has a ‘no smoking’ policy. Smoking (including the use of e-cigarette or similar) is not permitted on any of our sites.
- You must obey all reasonable written and verbal directions given by Management and/or staff at all times.
- You must not behave in a way which interferes with the safety or enjoyment of other visitors or persons on site. We will not tolerate any offensive, irresponsible or unsafe behaviour, theft or vandalism.
- Guests affected by alcohol or drugs will not be permitted entry to our attractions or to remain on the premises.
- Bendigo Heritage Attractions reserves the right to refuse entry or request a visitor to leave any of its sites or facilities.
- Bendigo Heritage Attractions does not take responsibility for personal injury, loss or damage however caused, including any negligence (but not gross negligence), breach of duty, default or omission on the part of Bendigo Heritage Attractions' staff, volunteers, contractors or agents.
- Whilst at Bendigo Heritage Attractions, visitors are responsible for the security of their own property. All bags may be subject to search, and Bendigo Heritage Attractions will not be responsible for articles lost, stolen or damaged.
Payment, Changes & Cancellation Policy:
- Full payment is required at the time of booking. By confirming your booking, you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions.
- Tickets are fully non-refundable. Late arrivals, no shows, or participants who commence a tour but choose not to complete it will not be offered a refund or the opportunity to reschedule.
- To reschedule, please contact us up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour start time and we will work with you to find a suitable alternative. Where an alternative cannot be found, a gift voucher will be issued instead. No changes are permitted inside 24 hours of your scheduled tour start time.
- Occasionally, we have to make changes to or cancel confirmed bookings, and we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will notify you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before arrival, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
- accepting the changed arrangements or
- cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above-mentioned options. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
- Without written consent from Bendigo Heritage Attractions, purchased tickets cannot be resold, packaged or used for commercial purposes such as competitions or promotions.
- Entry will be denied if tickets are not purchased from an authorised distributor.
- Bendigo Joss House Temple: Limited wheelchair accessibility.
- Central Deborah Gold Mine: Explore the Surface and Mine Experience Tour are both wheelchair accessible.
- Personal information collected by Bendigo Heritage Attractions is used for the purpose of coordinating your booking and contact tracing.
- Bendigo Heritage Attractions may use personal information for direct marketing purposes, which visitors will be given the opportunity to ‘opt out’ of.
- Visitors may appear in photography or video recordings within their capacity as a visitor at Bendigo Heritage Attractions and consent to the use of any such film, image or recording being used for promotional purposes at the discretion of Bendigo Heritage Attractions.
- Commercial use of photography and videography.
- Images and videography of Bendigo Heritage Attractions’ sites and assets can only be used for private purposes. Images and video footage cannot be sold, licensed, published or commercially used without the written consent of Bendigo Heritage Attractions.
For Group Booking Terms and Conditions, please click here.