Try something different for your next function and hire one of Bendigo’s famous vintage trams.
Looking for something different and unique for your next function? Why not hire one of Bendigo’s famous vintage trams. Delight your guests with this one-of-a-kind experience. The tram tour will take you through the heart of the city allowing you to soak up Bendigo’s grand architecture while you socialise with your guests. From kids parties to pub crawls there is lots of fun to be had!
These are some of the functions/events for which our trams have been used in the past:
- Birthday parties suited to all ages
- Hens and bucks nights
- Pre-dinner drinks
- Tram and picnic at Lake Weeroona or Rosalind Park
- Function entertainment
- Wedding photographs and guest transport
- Licensed tram driver
- Soundsystem, so bring along your favourite music on an ipod or usb stick
- Table available for food platters if needed
- Choose your pick-up and drop-off points
- Free parking available at all stops except Alexandra Fountain.
Our trams can seat between 32 to 50 adults. Not all are wheelchair friendly, chat to our bookings officer to find out which tram will suit your occasion.
Food and Alcohol
BYO catering for your event. We can provide a bar service with a bar tender or you can BYO drinks. Alcohol can only be consumed on board the tram.
How much is it to hire a tram?
The prices of hiring a tram vary depending on the time of day and the type of trip you wish to do.
Baseline prices are as follows:
|One-way transfer||$150||For general one-way trip during the day.|
|Daytime||$350 for two hours||$125 for every extra hour. BYO food and drinks.|
|Daytime with bar service||$250 for two hours||$125 for every extra hour. Min bar spend of $500.|
|Evening||$600 for two hours||$150 for every extra hour. BYO food and drinks.|
|Evening with bar service||$500 for two hours||$150 for every extra hour. Min bar spend of $500.|
|Children's Birthday||$200 per hour||Daytime only|
|BOND Required||$100 refundable||Bond is in addition to the hire cost|
- There are no toilets on the tram, however, arrangements can be made for toilet breaks at the Tramways Depot and Workshop.
- Road safety must be observed at all times.
- No opened alcohol is allowed in the CBD.
- The fee includes a half hour period before the charter to decorate if required.
- The tram must be left in an acceptable state after the function.
- The fee and the bond must be paid at least a week in advance of the function date.
- Traffic control can be arranged for those who are wishing to stop at locations not currently permitted.
However, it must be arranged with prior knowledge and will incur additional costs.
How do I hire a tram?
Just give our friendly booking coordinator a call on 03 5443 8255 and we will be happy to put a package together that suits your specific needs.
Speak to our friendly booking coordinator about catering and bar options!