WHAT ARE YOUR OPERATING HOURS?
- Vintage Talking Tram Tours operate between 10:00am – 4:00pm each day, excluding Christmas and Boxing Day. Vintage Talking Trams may operate more frequently during school and public holidays, please check out the timetables here.
- Our Gift Shop is currently closed. Please visit Central Deborah Gold Mine at 76 Violet Street Bendigo.
DO I NEED TO MAKE A RESERVATION?
No, reservations are not essential but we recommend booking online to avoid dissapointment. Groups of 10 or more people must book in advance by phoning 5443 8255.
WHERE SHOULD I CATCH THE TRAM FROM?
The Vintage Talking Tram Tour starts at Central Deborah Gold Mine but you can hop on a tram at any of the six tram stops. These are located at Central Deborah Gold Mine, Alexandra Fountain, Bendigo Tramways Depot (CLOSED), Lake Weeroona, Tyson's Reef and the Bendigo Joss House Temple. Check out the Vintage Talking Tram Tour route and stops here.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT COMMENTARIES ARE THERE?
- Bendigo's Story: This commentary takes visitors on a journey through Bendigo's development, starting in 1848.
- Dja Dja Wurrung: Discover the traditions of Bendigo's first people and hear a story more than 40,000 years in the making.
- GROUPS ONLY! Anzac Commentary: The Anzac Commentary explores the impact of WW1 on the Bendigo community and can be played on request for those making group bookings.
HOW LONG SHOULD I ALLOW FOR A VINTAGE TALKING TRAM TOUR?
The Vintage Talking Tram Tour takes 1 hour to complete if you stay on board and don't hop off at any of the stops.
HOW LONG IS MY TICKET VALID FOR?
Your ticket is valid for one day. Hop-on and hop-off as often as you like to explore the many attractions, parks, shopping and dining facilities that Bendigo has to offer. We highly recommend including Central Deborah Gold Mine and the Bendigo Joss House Temple in your Talking Tram itinerary.
ARE YOUR TRAMS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE?
We only have 1 tram which is wheelchair accessible. We recommend phoning in advance so we can ensure that the right tram is on the tracks for your visit. Ramp access for boarding the tram is available at Central Deborah Gold Mine and the Tramways Depot.
DO YOU HAVE TRANSLATIONS AVAILABLE?
We have printed sheets available in French, German and Mandarin for the Bendigo's Story Commentary.
DO YOU OFFER TOURS OF THE DEPOT & WORKSHOP?
Unfortunately, the Bendigo Tramways Depot is currently closed for tours.
ARE CAMERAS ALLOWED ON THE TOUR?
Yes, of course. Make sure you tag us in your photos on social media @bendigotramways, we love to see them!
ARE DOGS ALLOWED ON THE TRAMS?
Yes, as long as they are on a leash at all times and kind towrds other passengers. Entry is at the discretion of the Driver and Conductor.
IS THERE PARKING AVAILABLE FOR BUSES AND CAMPERVANS?
Yes, long parking bays are available along Creek Street at Central Deborah Gold Mine.
CAN THE TRAMS BE HIRED FOR PRIVATE FUNCTIONS?
Absolutely, we've hosted business events, hens nights and birthday parties. Full details are on our Functions page or speak to our team on 5443 8255.