The pawfect day out in Bendigo!
Did you know that our Vintage Talking Tram Tour is dog friendly? Fur real!
We've compiled a list of dog friendly parks, attractions and café's which are all easily accessible via Vintage Talking Tram, it really is the pawfect day out!
Bendigo is a fascinating town steeped in history from the gold rush era, you'll dig the treasures on offer here. Bendigo is quickly becoming renowned as the most dog-friendly town in Victoria, a place where dogs are not just allowed, but welcomed with open arms.
Tram Stop No. 1: Central Deborah Gold Mine
With plenty of free all day parking, as well as long bays for caravans and motorhomes, this is the best place to start your adventure.
- Central Deborah Gold Mine: Dogs can't descend underground, but there's a wealth of gold mining history to sniff out on the surface of the mine with your four-legged companion. Explore the old Blacksmith's shop, be amazed by the Engine Room, try your hand at gold panning and enjoy a traditional miner's pasty!
Tram Stop No. 2: CBD
- Rosalind Park: 60 acres of grassy open spaces, lush leafy trees, a fernery, historic conservatory and stunning old gardens are guaranteed to get tails wagging!
- Gallery Café: This beautiful café offers a tranquil dining experience overlooking Rosalind Park. Pull-up a table in the outdoor terrace to admire the views and relax after exploring the park with your pooch.
- Chancery Lane: An eclectic mix of food, fashion and art has turned this European-style hub into one of Bendigo's not to be missed nooks.
Tram Stop No. 3: Tramways Depot & Workshop - Temporarily CLOSED
Tram Stop No. 4: Lake Weeroona
- Lake Weeroona: This is a popular haunt for dogs of all shapes and sizes. Be prepared for a slow meander around this picturesque lake as you are met with an abundance of wagging tails, sniffs and friendly "hello's" from fellow dog servants.
- The Boardwalk: Located right on Lake Weeroona, this café is absolutely pawsome. Their resident Labrador, Chino, will greet you and show you around. Chino loves making new friends, and you can't beat the view!
Bendigo has some fantastic dog friendly accommodation options available, so you and your fur baby can curl up and rest your weary heads after a busy day spent exploring.
When visiting, please ensure that your dog is on a lead at all times, is kind towards other visitors and you've got some emergency poop bags! Entry is at the discretion of the Tram Driver and Conductor.
For more dog-friendly places and spaces in regional Victoria visit Your Happy Space for dogs.