Tram No. 7
Our crowdfunding campaign to restore Tram No. 7 has now ended. Thanks to your support we exceeded our target and raised a staggering $31,655!
We can't wait to see this 101 year old tram back on the tracks and we are thrilled that this tram will be a representation of the generosity of so many people within our community.
Keep an eye on our Facebook Page, we'll be posting progress reports of the tram's restoration and will have it back on the tracks towards the end of 2017.
Trams have been part of Bendigo since 1890. While other regional tramways closed down with the advent of cars, Bendigo chose to keep a part of its track and trial a tourist service.
43 years later, the Vintage Talking Tram Tour is still going strong and heritage trams brighten up the streets each day. As a result, we now have one of the best working collections of heritage trams in the world!
But there’s a problem
Some of our rarest trams aren't in working order ... and this includes the 101-year-old J Class Tram No. 7. It is our mission to try and return trams like No. 7 to Bendigo's streets, but it is an expensive business.
Here’s what we’re doing about it
We've got the facilities to restore it.
We've got the skills to restore it.
We have the tram crew ready and raring to go.
We even have some of the money needed for the project ... but we just don't have enough to finish the job.
You can join us
We need to raise $30,000 to return Tram No. 7 to its former glory. We would love you to be part of the process and be able to say that you were one of the people to get it back on the road.
You won't believe the perks we have on offer ...
- $10-$40 donation = A certificate of thanks. Every little bit helps us reach our target!
- $50 donation = A collector's pack of beer. Enjoy a pack of six different beers with custom designed labels. What a great Christmas or Birthday gift!
- $100 donation = Your name etched on our supporters window within Tram No. 7. Purchase multiples to ensure your name moves up the list.
- $350 donation = A plaque with your name (or your favourite persons name) on one of the passenger seats. There are only sixteen available.
- $450 donation = Advertise your products and services on a panel inside Tram No. 7 for two years and get your business name etched on the supporters window. Production of the panel is included, but the design is not. Only six available.
- $500 donation = A plaque with your name (or your favourite persons name) on one of the controllers. There are only two available.
- $600 donation = A plaque with your name (or your favourite persons name) on one of the Driver's cabins. There are only two available.
- $600 donation = Be one of the very first people to have a party with all your awesome friends on Tram No. 7. What fun! There are only four available.
- $2,000 donation = Advertise your business on the external roof panels of Tram No. 7 for two years and have your company name etched on the supporters window. Sign production included, but not the design. There are only four available.
Show your support, and help us reach our target, donate here .... chuffed.org/project/tram7